Within the Permanent Representation of Germany to the European Union, this department is responsible for education and research policy.
I. Education policy
In the field of education and training, the unit follows the activities of the European Union with regard to the following key issues:
- Promoting mobility of learners and teachers;
- Creating transparency and comparability of qualifications;
- Strategic framework for European cooperation in education and training (‘ET 2020’), including exchange on information and good practice between member states;
- Contributions of education and training policy to the Europe 2020 strategy;
- Erasmus+: the Union programme for education, training, youth and sport ;
- Aspects of the Digital Agenda related to education policy.
II. Research Policy
In the field of research, the unit follows the implementation of the European Research Area with regard to the following key areas:
- Fostering the priority areas of the European Research Area: more effective national research systems; optimal transnational co-operation and competition; open labour market for researchers; gender equality and gender mainstreaming in research; optimal circulation, transfer of, and access to scientific knowledge; international dimension of the European Research Area;
- Horizon 2020 The EU Framework Programme for Research and Innovation;
- Euratom Research and Training Programme;
- Joint Research Center
- Aspects of the Digital Agenda related to research policy.
Head of Division: Michael Vorländer